Most Comprehensive Carrier Ethernet Service Activation Test Suite
ITU-T Y.1564, formerly known Y.156sam, is the Ethernet Service Activation Test Methodology, ensuring that service providers can do a proper job of verifying the correct configuration and performance of these services at the time of service activation. Sunrise Telecom’s numerous contributions to Y.1564 helped drive the ITU-T
Y.156sam from its 1st generation set of capabilities which included CIR/EIR/Traffic Policing functionality, to the 2nd generation which expanded the bandwidth profile coverage to CIR/CBS/EIR/EBS/CM/Traffic Policing capability. As of the time of consent, Sunrise Telecom’s IntelliSAM is believed to be the only product in the world with working bandwidth profile test coverage of this full range of CIR/CBS/EIR/EBS/CM/Traffic Policing, and for that reason we have earned our position as the leader in second generation capabilities.
IntelliSAM’s benefits include:
- Fast testing method, more adapted to the Service Activation Testing environment
- Tests five out of six bandwidth profile parameters, as described in MEF 10.2. The tested parameters are CIR, EIR, CBS, EBS, CM
- First available product to test the bursty nature of Ethernet traffic
- Availability per ITU-T Y.1563 is calculated and presented to technician
- Tests multiple streams at the same time in Service Performance test
- Measures Frame Delay on every frame
- Tests Frame Delay Variation
- Tests network rather than a single device
- Tests to Service Level Agreements rather than to network failure
For further information, please click here.
Download our whitepaper on Y.1564 Ethernet Service Activation Testing Methodology and IntelliSAM.
Carrier Ethernet Reference Guide
You may request to obtain this reference guide by submitting your information/questions.